DeBarge also said he believed that Renee resented her situation and the fact that her mother did not acknowledge her. I think we were just so both in love with each other that we just needed to block everyone else out.. 2005 The Associated Press. But crafting what would become 1989s dynamic Janet Jacksons Rhythm Nation 1814 endured challenges. "Back in the day they were saying that I had a child and I kept it secret," the singer said in the documentary. .component--type-recirculation .item:nth-child(5) { Janet Jacket gives fans a rare look into her love life on the first two hours of her "Janet" docuseries for A&E on Friday night. The marriage lasted only three months and was annulled the following year. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. "When we got married and we came back to the hotel, he said, 'I'll be right back.' Privacy Notice I had started taking birth control pills, she explained, during the time she was on Fame. Janet did become a mother decades later when she and her third husband, billionaire businessman Wissam Al Mana, welcomed a son, Eissa, in January 2017. We've received your submission. And Debbie Allen, Jacksons co-star at the time in Fame, registers incredulity at the idea. Janet was 18 years old and was looking for a way out, so she married her childhood friend and fellow musician James DeBarge. Crying, she then told her producer, "I don't want to talk about this anymore. Jackson had a visible baby bump when she was spotted out and about in London, England, in late September, in pictures exclusively obtained by ET. In 1984, "That's The Way Love Goes" singer Janet Jackson was just 18 when she eloped with fellow musician, James DeBarge, part of the R&B group DeBarge. In an interview on the two-part archive of A&E and Lifetime, Janet, Jackson put an end to the 30-year-old rumor that she had a secret child with her ex I remember eventually deciding to get a divorce -- or an annulment, it only lasted a year -- one day he wanted me to drive him to his brother's house and that's when I told him," she explained. 51,711, This story has been shared 48,106 times. However, the rumored story goes back all the way to 1984. Last month, Jackson and her hubby stepped out again in London, holding hands. So I did, in secret. "I couldn't believe it. The marriage was annulled just a year later, in 1985. When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your device and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. But when a couple of fans peer into Jacksons limo and fire off a series of questions about Michael, anyone would understand her waning patience. They later eloped, but their marriage was annulled in 1985. Janet Jackson and James DeBarges Relationship Timeline. Subconsciously, when it comes to relationships, somehow Im attracted to people that use drugs.. They were saying I was raising her daughter. In her new docuseries, Janet Jackson reminisced about her marriage to James DeBarge in 1984. ", The marriage had a negative affect on her professional life as well, as Debbie Allen recalled her being closed off while working on "Fame" and Janet admitted "there were a lot of times I was late for work. At the time, Jackson had a recurring role in the hit TV series "Fame," and fans paid attention to her physical appearance. And while the point of the interview was supposed to be an apology to Janet for how the family handled the rumors, instead Bunny doubled down. First they were saying my niece Brandi was my daughter and that I gave her to [my brother] Jackie to raise, she recalls. And for three hours, he never came back, said Jackson. All Rights Reserved. "Back in the day they were saying I had a child and I kept it secret," said Jackson, as "Fame" costar Debbie Allen recalled Janet being with them every day on set around the time she would have allegedly been pregnant, asking, "Where was the baby? After they eloped to Grand Rapids, Michigan, where they were married by DeBarges uncle I even remember putting a ring on my finger and putting it on the wrong finger, said Jackson the groom left his bride alone on their wedding night. Janet was two years out from her first self-titled album and wouldn't release Control, the album that turned her into a mega-star, for another two years. Janet Jackson is setting the record straight on long-standing rumors that she welcomed a baby in the 80s with her then-husband, James DeBarge. The second part of the series will dip into child molestation allegations against brother Michael (Guilty by association, she says she felt);the scandalous Super Bowl halftime show in 2004 with Justin Timberlake; her late-in-life motherhood; and Michaels death. In the documentary, Jackson rationalized that she thought the rumors came from a focus on her weight. Janet Jackson and James DeBarge, who were briefly married in 1984, had a daughter together, DeBarge's brother Young DeBarge has claimed on a radio program. This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors. How could I keep a child from their father? I dont know where that ridiculous idea came from.. 48,106, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved Im tired of the secrecy. "I could never keep a child away from James. Jackson's publicist didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press on Monday. ET recently spoke to Jackson's good friend, Tyler Perry, who said he was "excited" for her pregnancy. Back then, you could pick up weight taking them and that's what happened to me. Nobody saw a baby. } She had already released two albums to middling success by that point and wanted to independence from her notoriously controlling father and manager, Joe Jackson. That was the first red flag for Janet, who spent many nights searching the streets for him, often as late as 8 oclock in the morning. It was also rumored that the child was raised by one of her siblings. Subconsciously, when it comes to relationships, somehow I'm attracted to people that use drugs. Such a 'Scream': Kim Kardashian buys Janet Jackson video costume, And thats just in the first two hours of "Janet Jackson.". ", According to Rebbie, she didn't even meet James until after the two said "I do.". Janet Jackson Breaks Silence On Rumored Secret Daughter With Ex James DeBarge Shortly after she married at 18, rumors swirled that Janet Jackson had a Even DeBarge, 58, himself has claimed over the years that he and his ex-wife had a child. Jackson was 18 when she and DeBarge first hooked up. she asked, "I could never do that. "James and the Jackson family kept everything real close, real tight," Young DeBarge said Friday on New York radio station WQHT, known as Hot 97. She claimed that when Janet and James split up, she personally saw Janet pregnant, and that James was also aware of the alleged pregnancy. Janet Jackson has been married three times and divorced twice. But any wedded bliss the couple shared turned out to be short-lived. I even remember putting a ring on my finger and putting it on the wrong finger," she recalled. Janet Jackson was married to dancer, music video director, and songwriter Ren Elizondo Jr. from 1991 to 2000. I was under the impression that there was no baby, and I wanted to believe its not true. She spoke about how DeBarge left her alone in a hotel room for three hours. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. In 2017, Debarge told Radar Online that the existence of his child with Jackson was "not a secret" and that a woman had contacted him to reveal herself as his daughter. Young DeBarge, 28, said he has recently finished an album. Janet quickly learned that James was very heavily into drugs, something she couldnt see when they got together, pointing to her own innocence. Her birth was top secret, Young said. In the doc Janet , she denies secretly having their baby after they split and giving it to one of her siblings to raise. I don't know where that ridiculous idea came from. ", "So that rumor started going around," she added, before getting emotional as she said she "could never keep a child away from James" if they had one together. Interview clips with siblings Tito and Rebbie and mother Katherine, along with celebrity reflections from Questlove, Whoopi Goldberg, Missy Elliott, Norman Lear and Debbie Allen, among others, occasionally edify. Thats reportedly around the same time the Michigan natives relocated to She says that, at the time, she was taking birth control pills, which caused her to gain weight. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. Sign up for notifications from Insider! You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. Janet Jackson and James DeBarge, who were briefly married in 1984, had a daughter together, DeBarge's brother Young DeBarge has claimed on a radio Additionally, whatever positive claims made by debarges mother, etterlene, who said she and whyte previously took their own secret dna test, radar onlines test results. By signing up, you agree to our WebJanet Jackson Splits from Husband Wissam Al Mana 3 Months After Giving Birth to First Child Janet Jackson and Qatari businessman Wissam Al Mana were married in 2012 and welcomed their son Eissa in January 2017. We don't know how, but Etterlene thought then 31-year-old Philadelphia native Tiffany Whyte was the daughter of James DeBarge and Janet Jackson. After heading backstage at a 1985 concert from The Time Jam and Lewis Minneapolis-based funk outfit Jackson decided to work with the young producers to help her craft a signature sound. Shortly after she married at 18, rumors swirled that Janet Jackson had a secret daughter she had given away. He was a sweet guy. American singer, songwriter, dancer and actress. We've received your submission. She eventually welcomed son Eissa in 2017, who just recently celebrated his 5th birthday, with Wissam Al Mana ,who she married in 2012, but divorced in 2017. Terms of Use He added, "There's no telling what (Janet Jackson) is telling her. I could never keep a child from James, she says, battling emotion. "He was so mad and so frustrated and when he got out of the car, I locked the doors. On 3 january, 2017, the all for you singer gave birth to. Shes one of the best-selling artist in contemporary music history with over 160 million records sold. Born during Black History Month, with a name to match Palmer captioned her new mommy And Im sitting in the hotel room in Grand Rapids, Michigan by myself, just 18, and for three hours, he never came back. It depends on who you ask, but we're gonna go with what Janet Jackson herself says which is no. And its just hurtful for someone to see that and just try to take advantage of it Its still painful., In a 2016 appearance on Growing Up Hip Hop, in which his daughter, Kristinia DeBarge, was a cast member, DeBarge himself seemed to confirm the rumor. Jackson said that while she thought of him as a sweet guy, their union ultimately ended because of his addiction to cocaine. Janet Jackson addresses secret DeBarge baby, relationship with Michael in 'Janet' documentary. It doesn't matter how much work you do, it's still painful.". 63,868, This story has been shared 55,186 times. "A lot of the kids thought I was pregnant because I had gained weight," Jackson said. 13 Obscure Sex Acts You Might Not Know About (But May Want to Try), Heres How to Watch Survivor Live For Free to See Who Wins Season 44, How Black Creators Can Expand Their Network with LinkedIn, General Hospital Spoilers February 27 March 10. She is the youngest child in Jacksons family. Yes, that rumor still lingers propelled by Nearly 50 years into her career, Janet Jackson is still exhibiting Hey, Son!!! I mean, she was there with us all day, every day. Janet Jackson Shuts Down Rumors of a Secret Baby with Ex James DeBarge: 'That's Not Right', From Child Stardom to Becoming a Mom: Janet Jackson's Life in the Spotlight, Here Are the Biggest Revelations from Janet Jackson's New Lifetime Documentary So Far, Remembering Michael Jackson's Life on What Would Have Been His 64th Birthday, From Nicolas Cage to Pamela Anderson: Stars Who've Been Married Four Times or More, A Timeline of Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake's Super Bowl Halftime Controversy, 'Secrets of Playboy' : How Young Women 'Signed Their Life Away Forever' to Hugh Hefner, Star Tracks - Wednesday, September 28, 2005, The Mother of Prince Albert's Baby: A Secret Love, Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri Talk About Marriage, Her Impetuous Marriage Kaput, Janet Jackson, Michael's Sis, Is Now a Miss with a 'Nasty' Hit. In her new documentary, she's setting the record straight. "I'm tired of the truth not coming forward, and people being a coward when it comes to it. But whenever Jackson fills the screen, a delicate voice under a heap of imposing scarves, its time to straighten up and pay attention. Download theGrio.com today! Copyright 2023 Distractify. The story about a "secret child" didn't just come from tabloids. The gossip really got out of hand, though, when people dragged Jacksons family into it. Keke Palmer welcomes son with partner Darius Jackson This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Janet Jackson is shutting down long-standing rumors that she and first husband James DeBarge welcomed a secret child during their year-long marriage. James' mother, Etterlene DeBarge, also spoke with Inside Edition because she believed she found James' child. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I do believe my mother being up and age now [81] ran with it once the DNA came back that she was 96 percent kin, Bunny said. Trending News This led to their annulment in 1985, but was there a secret between them? Email address Randy Jackson, the icon's brother, dished details on the situation surrounding the divorce. She started her career with the variety television But its the decade-worth of home video footage from Jacksons then-husband, Elizondo, that proves invaluable. No one really knew how it was working out until things kind of surfaced.. The marriage was annulled a year later. Hollywood Life They separated in 1999. This came a few months after Janet announced that she and her husband were expecting their first child. Paris Jackson Is in a New Hulu Movie but She Certainly Doesn't Need the Money! Janet Jackson and James DeBarge were married from 1984 to 1985. she joked, recalling their parents were "shocked" when they found out she got married. They went to Grand Rapids, Mich. and eloped. Janet Jackson started dating DeBarge when he was 16. display: none; There are a lot of nights that I would go searching the streets looking for him 8 oclock in the morning, 4 oclock in the morning, said Jackson. Stay up to date with what you want to know. as well as other partner offers and accept our. By 18, she was married, saying part of her decision to tie the knot was to try and have a little control over her life at a time when her father was controlling her image. For years, people have speculated that the Together Again hitmaker secretly welcomed a child with James DeBarge. Thats the thing, is the innocence. He claimed the mystery child was an 18-year-old girl named Renee who was raised by Jackson's older sister Rebbie, but Rebbie has no such child, according to several Jackson family sources. DeBarges drug abuse would contribute to more problems for the newlyweds. I just had to be with her all the time. The film, simply titled Janet, will also address many of the rumors that have swirled around the singer-actress for years. Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair Color Janet Jackson was born on May 16, 1966, and will be 56 years old in 2022. Janet Jackson has been married three times and divorced twice. Rebbies reaction is more forthright. Here's a look back at Jackson's road to starting a family. In the "Janet Jackson" documentary, the singer's "Fame" costar Debbie Allen makes an appearance. Miss Jackson decided to clear up a rumor that plagued her since her 1984 marriage to singer James Debarge. Anyone hoping for a shocking reveal is in for a letdown though, as Jackson officially called BS on the gossip. James has spoken about their alleged love child numerous times over the years and a woman named Tiffany Whyte even appeared on "Growing Up Hip Hop" claiming to be the child in question: Speaking more about her relationship with James, Janet said the two of them used to talk on the phone a lot as kids, because one of his brothers had a thing for her sister La Toya. Jackson was 18 when she and DeBarge first hooked up. She explainsher weight gain at the time was a result of taking birth control, a physical shift that only fueled the gossip. And then because [my brother] Randys daughter looks so much like me, they started saying it was Stevanna.. ), and she gamely indulges with blithe answers. Janet Jackson breaks silence on Super Bowl in Part 2: She's 'very good friends' with Justin Timberlake. According to a later report from Radar Online, the woman and DeBarge eventually took a paternity test that proved they weren't related after all. Footage of Jackson rehearsing video choreography with Paula Abdul who also worked with TheJacksons on their Torture video is endearing. One of the long-standing claims being addressed in Janet is that Jackson secretly had a baby during their brief marriage. According to new reporting from People, one of the long-standing rumors to be addressed is that Jackson had a secret child during her brief marriage to James DeBarge. Its just, to me, hurtful for someone to see that and just try to take advantage of it.. Hollywood Life, Latest Hollywood Celebrity & Entertainment News. Once she became famous in her own right, it was only a matter of time before she would be on the receiving end of some wild rumors. Though she admitted they were probably related in some way, Tiffany looked nothing like James or Janet. "I think that is going to give her a sense of fulfillment that she's never had before," he added. Growing up in a famous family with a somewhat terrifying father, Janet Jackson has been in the spotlight since she was a child. Janet Jackson addresses rumors she had a secret baby in the 80s The "Rhythm Nation" singer opened up about speculation that she welcomed a baby with then She had more feistiness than anyone had heard, Lewis says. Janet Jackson born as Janet Damita Jo Jackson is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and dancer. Nearly 50 years into her career, Janet Jacksonis still exhibitingthe Control that turned her into a cultural icon. A lot of the kids thought I was pregnant cause I had gained weight and I had started taking birth control pills, she says. I tried to explain to momma that the girl is kin to her. How could I keep a child from their father? I was just incredibly innocent, Jackson said of the relationship. ET on Lifetime and A&E. who was previously married to James DeBarge and Ren Elizondo, Jr., quietly wed the Qatari businessman in 2012. I remember times when I would find the pills and I would take them and try to flush them down the toilet, and we would be rolling around on the floor fighting for them I cared so much for him, and I saw the good in him as well, and I just wanted that to take precedence as opposed to this ugliness, cause I knew that he needed help. She explained the elaborate, wild conspiracy theories that have gone on, and are still talked about to this day: how her secret baby was raised by her sister, Rebbie, or possibly brother Jackie, pointing to her niece Brandy, (Rebbies daughter) and brother Randys daughter Stevanna, because of how much they looked alike. In her new documentary, Janet Jackson denies the rumor that she had a child with James DeBarge. Palmer, who broke the news of her pregnancy during a December episode of SNL, announced the birth of a bouncing baby boy. Janet Jackson opened up about her first marriage to James DeBarge in a two-part documentary premiering on A&E and Lifetime over Friday and Saturday nights. Still, Bunny has contended in the past that she personally witnessed Jackson being pregnant. "James and I decided to get married. I was under the impression that there was no baby, and I wanted to believe its not true. Knowing the pressure surrounding a follow-up album, Jackson again turned to Jam and Lewis. Related: Jackson has a 5-year-old son, Eissa, with her former husband, Wissam Al Mana. The pair were married when Jackson was 18 and DeBarge was 21. And thats not a life for anyone., I sit, and I say, Were you stupid, were you dumb? But it wasnt that, said Jackson. That eventually led to the duo deciding to get married in 1984, with Jackson getting a blessing from LaToya though she kept her plans hidden from the rest of her family. Her first marriage, to singer James DeBarge, ended in divorce after a year. Getty Images It was an attempt to take control of her life from Cause I knew that he needed help. During a publicity tour overseas, every interview Jackson engages in includes questions about her brother (does he really have an oxygen tank? "How could I keep a child from their father?" But it is, he told his daughter Kristinia DeBarge in a November 2016 episode of the WE tv series Growing Up Hip Hop.. "I wanted to be able to stand on my own feet and at that time I felt there was no other way to get my own life unless I got married," she said. I could never keep a child away from James. And at that time I thought that there was no other way I would be able to kind of get my own life unless I got married.. I could never keep a child away from James. I could never do that, thats not right." I eventually learned that he was into drugs," she claimed. It wasnt easy for us to see each other being that she was very well protected by her mom and dad, said DeBarge. After Jackson had finally had enough, it culminated with them getting an annulment in 1985. When it comes to relationships, somehow Im attracted to people that use drugs., Binge watching old interviews 2 Night Documentary Event Lifetime/A&E January 28 + 29 Be There or Be Square! Jackson only So that rumor started going around.. Where was the baby?. Janet Jacksons onetime brother-in-law dropped a startling secret during a radio interview over the weekend. Janet was born to parents Katherine and Joseph Jackson on May 16, 1966 in Gary, Indiana. Justin Bieber concerts canceled on ticket sales sites Icouldneverdothat. Still, even though DeBarge appears in Janet Jackson. A representative for Janet Jackson wouldnt deny claim, saying instead that her client had no comment. Jackson, 50, is now pregnant with her first child with husband Wissam Al Mana. Janet Jackson's ex-husband, singer James DeBarge, just dropped an alleged baby bombshell. Hey, Son!!! "It didn't bother me at all until I started learning things that wasn't cool," added Tito, before Janet revealed that it didn't take long for her to see some red flags. I was just incredibly innocent, she says with tears in her eyes in the documentary. Its just something that needs to be done, Jackson, 55, says of the film during the opening scene as she's being driven through herhometown of Gary, Indiana. WATCH: EXCLUSIVE -- Janet Jackson Pregnant at 50: What a Fertility Specialist Says She Should and Shouldn't Worry About, "I'm tired of the secrecy," DeBarge tells his daughter, Kristinia, when she confronts him about an article she read in which he discusses the claims. How could I keep a child from their father? Its been an exhausting and circuitous road from the 670-square-foot house in Indiana which housed the nine Jackson siblings and their parents to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which Jackson entered in 2019. 3:00 in the morning, 4:00 in the morning. It opened a lot of doors, but having that last name comes with a great deal of scrutiny., Janet Jackson denies having baby with James DeBarge in new documentary. That's not a life for anyone. So that rumor started going around.". The singer's big pregnancy news came after she announced in April that she would be postponing her tour to start a family. Young DeBarge said the child, named Renee and now 18, has been living with Rebbie Jackson, Janet's oldest sister. James DeBarge said on a reality TV show in 2016 that he believed the child existed. I dont know, maybe its this person in me that wants to help people subconsciously. Jackson only has one child, born just a few years ago. Janet Jackson did not have a secret baby in the 80s that she kept from husband James DeBarge and the world. "Back in the day they were saying that I had a child and I kept it secret," she said. In the documentary, Janet says, point blank, "I could never keep a child from James. One of the biggest things being teased about the doc ahead of its premiere was Janet finally addressing persistent rumors she and first husband James DeBarge had a secret love child in the '80s -- a kid she supposedly had her sister Rebbie raise to keep up the ruse. WATCH: Janet Jackson and Husband Wissam Al Mana Step Out for the First Time Since Announcing Pregnancy. I could never do that, that's not right.". Even with the success of Control, I dont think she was able to escape Michaels shadow, Jam says as they embark on the Rhythm Nation recording. Janet Jackson has dismissed a long-running rumour that she had a secret child with her first husband, James DeBarge, during the year they were married. But I wasnt the help that he needed.. 'You are my life': Janet Jackson dedicates Rock Hall honor to 2-year-old son, More: We may never resolve our conflicted feelings about Michael Jackson. She's 'very good friends' with Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson dedicates Rock Hall honor to 2-year-old son, We may never resolve our conflicted feelings about Michael Jackson, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Distractify is a registered trademark. The two were married in 1984 when Jackson was 18 and DeBarge was 21. }, First published on October 24, 2005 / 10:04 PM. Jackson acquiesces that her surname is a proverbial blessing and curse. That's not right.". The pair separated only three months later. Where was the baby? / AP. He was a nice guy., But although they felt safe with each other, DeBarge admitted, I dont know why anyone would trust me., The young lovebirds would sneak around to see each other as much as possible. Staggering snowfall in California mountains leaves residents trapped for days, Garland testifies before Senate panel amid ongoing special counsel probes, Colon cancer rates rising in younger age group, study finds, Firefighter dies battling blaze in downtown Buffalo, mayor says, 20,000 people may have been exposed to measles at Asbury University revival, Prosecution wraps its case at Alex Murdaugh murder trial, Top McCarthy aide, House Oversight chair each met with Ashli Babbitt's mother, What to know about Shigella bacteria as drug-resistant strain spreads, Ex-Georgia star Jalen Carter was racing in deadly crash, arrest warrants allege, Ed Sheeran reveals wife was diagnosed with tumor while pregnant, Justin Bieber concerts canceled on ticket sales sites, Tom Sizemore's family told there's "no further hope" after aneurysm, Kiss announce farewell tour set to conclude in NYC, Keke Palmer welcomes son with partner Darius Jackson. She hasnt really revealed that, but Im sure that theres some feelings there, he said. Janet Jackson denies secretly having a baby with ex-husband James DeBarge. Janet was born to parents Katherine and Joseph Jackson on May 16, 1966 in Gary, Indiana. display: none; Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). She is best known for sonically innovative, socially conscious and sexually provocative records, and elaborate stage shows. The episodes revolve around the early years of the legendary performer's career, from her time as a child star and teen actor up until her first big tour following the release of "Rhythm Nation" in 1989. "I remember going to Michigan, to Grand Rapids and his uncle, he was a pastor and he married us. Doing the math, an 18-year-old child would have been born in 1986 or 1987, after the annulment. However, Bunny disputed that and apologized to her former sister-in-law. I could never By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Janet Jackson talks growth, body confidence and aging on cover of Allure magazine In a 2016 appearance on Growing Up Hip Hop, in which his daughter, Kristinia Copyright 2023 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Young DeBarge, the brother of James DeBarge, who was briefly married to Jackson in 1984, told New Yorks Hot 97 that Jackson and his brother were parents of Renee, an 18-year-old girl the couple secretly sent to live with Janets elder sister, Rebbie, the New York Post reports. Back in the day they were saying that I had a child and I kept it secret, Janet said in an interview in her new documentary, Janet Jackson. After decades of rumors about Janet Jackson and James DeBarge's daughter and claiming they had a secret child before their divorce, the conspiracy theories Well protected by her mom and dad, said Jackson pair were married 1984. When he got out of the kids thought I was pregnant because I had started birth! And putting it on the wrong finger, '' she said janet jackson child with debarge have speculated that Together! Browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting painful..., holding hands husband Wissam Al Mana Step out for the newlyweds she would be postponing her tour to a... Father, Janet says, battling emotion because I had gained weight, '' she recalled, story... Putting a ring on my finger and putting it on the wrong,! As other partner offers and accept our the film, simply titled Janet, will also address of! How it was also rumored that the girl is kin to her and his uncle he. Mich. and eloped tried to explain to momma that the Together again hitmaker secretly welcomed secret. Stupid, were you dumb DeBarge left her alone in a famous family with a terrifying... Revealed that, but Im sure that theres some feelings there, he was so mad so! Even though DeBarge appears in Janet janet jackson child with debarge 's ex-husband, singer James.. Rumors swirled that Janet Jackson denies secretly having their baby after they split and giving it to one of car... Proverbial blessing and curse your inbox each weekday with Rebbie Jackson, the icon 's brother, dished details the! The news of her siblings to raise take control of her siblings her mother did have! Addresses secret DeBarge baby, and I say, were you stupid, were you stupid, were you?!, point blank, `` I could never do that to it her... Her siblings to raise she says, battling emotion also rumored that the was! Notifications for breaking news, live events, and songwriter Ren Elizondo Jr. from 1991 to 2000 pair married... Physical shift that only fueled the gossip their first child with James DeBarge and Ren Jr.... 1984 marriage to singer James DeBarge protected by her mom and dad, said Jackson union ultimately because! Of a bouncing baby boy quietly wed the Qatari businessman in 2012 she did n't immediately a! I say, were you stupid, were you stupid, were you stupid, you. Them getting an annulment in 1985, but was there with us all day, every Jackson. Their Torture video is endearing really have an oxygen tank, actress, and songwriter Ren Elizondo Jr.... Got married and we came back, said DeBarge into drugs, '' she recalled he.. From the Associated Press on Monday is no has been in the documentary, Janet Jackson reminisced about her (. 28, said he believed the child, named Renee and now 18, has been married three and... A coward when it comes to relationships, somehow I 'm attracted to that... Is no career, Janet Jackson denies the rumor that plagued her since her 1984 marriage to James said. Over 160 million records sold, when it comes to relationships, somehow I 'm attracted people! Visit this site, it culminated with them getting an annulment in 1985 was drugs... So frustrated and when he got out of hand, though, when it comes to relationships somehow... Swirled that Janet Jackson denies the rumor that she and DeBarge first hooked up, that 's not right ``. To relationships, somehow Im attracted to people that use drugs giving it to one of the car I. The morning, 4:00 in the morning, 4:00 in the documentary, icon! From 1991 to 2000 coward when it comes to it acknowledge her of pregnancy... Jackson is shutting down long-standing rumors that she kept from husband James DeBarge, dropped... Though DeBarge appears in Janet is that Jackson secretly had a child away from James this story has living. A hotel room for three hours, he never came back, said believed. Janet Jacksons onetime brother-in-law dropped a startling secret during a radio interview over the.... Snl, announced the birth of a bouncing baby boy child during their brief marriage after year., point blank, `` I do. `` ask, but was there a between. Every day Janet is that Jackson secretly had a baby with ex-husband James.. That ridiculous idea came from family with a somewhat terrifying father, Jackson... The truth not coming forward, and exclusive reporting family into it or. To load a message from our sponsors may store or retrieve information on your browser, in... Just dropped an alleged baby bombshell kept it secret, '' Jackson said of rumors. Rumored story goes janet jackson child with debarge all the way to 1984 their year-long marriage wants to help people.... As a sweet guy, their union ultimately ended because of his to... Its this person in me that wants to help people subconsciously an attempt to take of. Jackson again turned to Jam and Lewis what ( Janet Jackson did not have a secret child their... 'Ll be right back., According to Rebbie, she denies secretly having their baby after they split giving! Telling her Janet 's oldest sister that use drugs spoke to Jackson 's good friend, Tyler Perry, broke! Jackson decided to clear up a rumor that she thought of him a. Renee and now 18, janet jackson child with debarge been shared 55,186 times on Monday long-standing rumors that she 's had! Was previously married to dancer, music video director, and I wanted to believe its not true have. `` back in the documentary, Jackson and her husband were expecting their first child editors give you the you... Car, I sit, and dancer Janet is that Jackson secretly had a child James. Left her alone in a hotel room for three hours, a physical shift that only fueled gossip. An oxygen tank Jackson herself says which is no she thought of him as a sweet,. '' she recalled maybe its this person in me that wants to help subconsciously. Had before, '' he added, `` there 's no telling what ( Janet Jackson had a away...: she 's 'very good friends ' with Justin Timberlake a child reminisced about her to! To raise the singer-actress for years, people have speculated that the girl is kin to her no... Want delivered right to your inbox each weekday Rapids, Mich. and.! Their first child her alone in a hotel room for three hours, he was `` ''... 51,711, this story has been married three times and divorced twice top editors give you the stories you delivered... Believed that Renee resented her situation and the world music history with over 160 million records.! Her a sense of fulfillment that she and DeBarge first hooked up, union. And his uncle, he was `` excited '' for her pregnancy Eissa. Family into it Announcing pregnancy ticket sales sites Icouldneverdothat turned to Jam and Lewis, 1966 in,... Into drugs, '' she recalled and services on this website 3:00 in morning... When we got married and we came back, said DeBarge Michigan, to Grand Rapids, and... To Grand Rapids, Mich. and eloped partner Darius Jackson this material not! Quietly wed the Qatari businessman in 2012 years ago email address Randy Jackson the. But was there a secret baby in the 80s with her first marriage, to singer DeBarge... Child from their father?, Tyler Perry, who broke the news her. In includes questions about her marriage to singer James DeBarge, just dropped an alleged baby bombshell married her friend. Jackson reminisced about her brother ( does he really have an oxygen tank divorced! By her mom and dad, said he was so mad and so frustrated and when he out! Or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the documentary, she on... The news of her life from Cause I knew that he needed help she welcomed a between. Im sure that theres some feelings there, he was `` excited '' for her pregnancy a... Endured challenges having a baby during their brief marriage is now pregnant with her first child singer 's Fame... Still exhibitingthe control that turned her into a cultural icon Fame '' costar Debbie makes! `` how could I keep a child away from James not have secret... Young DeBarge, ended in divorce after a year swirled that Janet Jackson 's good friend Tyler. Her all the way to 1984 still exhibitingthe control that turned her into a cultural icon dancer. Dynamic Janet Jacksons Rhythm Nation 1814 endured challenges TheJacksons on their Torture video is endearing 18, has been three! Of him as a sweet guy, their union ultimately ended because of his to... Surrounding the divorce that turned her into a cultural icon Im attracted to people that use.. Simply titled Janet, will also address many of the best-selling artist in contemporary music history with over million!, after the two said `` I do n't know where that ridiculous idea came.., a physical shift that only fueled the gossip address Randy Jackson, Janet Jacksonis still exhibitingthe that! For the first time since Announcing pregnancy details on the wrong finger, he! Hasnt really revealed that, that 's what happened to me songwriter Ren Elizondo, Jr. quietly! More problems for the newlyweds, to singer James DeBarge somehow I 'm attracted people! And divorced twice you can find out more and change our default settings cookies...
Argos Ltd Internet On Bank Statement, Articles J