Your Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge 30" Vent Rib Extra Barrel, Matte Black - 24589? These slugs are not designed for hunting because of over penetration but are used in tactical situations and are typically used to blow door locks, penetrate/destroy cinderblock walls or disable moving vehicles. Other Remington barrels come in different lengths: Barrel, 28, Rem Choke, Vent Rib, Mid-Bead, Wingmaster. The Remington 870 Express Fully Rifled Deer Barrel features front rifle sight and rear rifle sight but you can get optic sight to be able to shoot further. This Model 870 Express 12 Gauge Combo package comes with a 26-inch vent rib barrel with Modified Rem Choke tube and a 20-inch fully rifled, rear-sighted deer barrel. It comes with a 21 inch. Lets have a closer look at it. $3.46. I decided to test different barrels, chokes, and slugs. One version is for a 20-gauge shotgun and the other is for a 12-gauge. No other shotgun matches the quality and price point of the Remington 870 Express. Hardwood stock with flat finish. Always check for obstructions if shooting sound or recoil seems weak! What is so special about this barrel? Called Remington, got an 18 barrel sent, and it fit like it came with the gun; the interchange was easy. 060-MO50001 | Butler Creek. What Remington did was first to introduce the 870 and 1100 in 28 gauge in the late 60s and then the next year they put the 20 gauge on the market but its on the same exact frame as the 28 gauge. One of the popular questions I receive is about Remington 870 barrels. Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun with 28-Inch Barrel (Left Handed Model) $446.00 $365.99 . Here is what happened in this case: the owner of this shotgun had one reloaded shell with no gun powder inside and the bullet havent come out of the barrel. 3-1/2" ammunition only with 3-1/2" receiver. Remington Premier AccuTip Sabot Slug Ammunition. Keep in mind many manufactures offer factory porting and you can buy several models of handguns, rifles and shotguns with the barrel ported from the manufacturer. UPC #: 723189870010. They are specially tipped for high accuracy and performance in the field. Be careful buying an 1100 cause some of the early 1100LT-20s got stamped with Light Weight on them but they are clearly a 1100LT-20 as one can see when one looks at the barrel extension running back into the receiver. If you choose a Standard Dealer, you are responsible for contacting that dealer and arranging for the dealer to submit a signed copy of an FFL and to give Brownells permission to ship the gun. Buy online Remington Barrel 870 Express 23'' 12 ga. with our Barrels store. Some of them give you advantages but all of them work pretty well. Remington 870 12 Gauge 24" Vent Rib Barrel With Modified Choke. When a man can simply have 1-2 good shotguns with 2 barrels only per gun its all he really needs. Sign up to the Newsletter and get "10 Tips to Building a Tactical Remington 870" ebook: Your email address will not be published. Although you could probably get away with shooting birdshot ammunition, it is not recommended with this barrel. I am glad I purchased it at a Cabelas store so I could take advantage of their great service policy. Porting is simply adding holes to the barrel of a firearm near the end of the barrel. The most popular barrel is the Remington 870 18 bead sight barrel. Rifled barrel with special slugs enables you to shoot very accurately. Purchase Now Mossberg 90335 870 12GA 18.5" Blued Front Bead Out of stock View Details Remington Barrels 29609 1187 12GA 21" Blued Rifle Out of stock View Details Remington 29570 1100 12GA 21" Blue Rifle Sights Out of stock View Details Brownells Featured Dealers have agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells. The difference is in the return to quality. The design allows the slug to engage the rifling and spin once it leaves the muzzle. If you use the wrong shotgun ammunition with smoothbore or rifled then you wont get the results that you intend on getting. The bead is a flag waving in the background to let you know all is ok. A mid bead can help you learn your natural point of aim and to maintain it. The stock is hardwood, not walnut and the the matte-finished steel of the barrel and fore-end began to rust quickly. 23" Express Vent Rib. Designed for easy handling and dependability, the Model 870 Express in 16 gauge is sure to be a favorite in the field. Best part out of it all?! Vent rib models have a satin matte blue finish with red flourescent front sight and brass center bead. It is not sufficient to look in the chamber only. Remington: 870 express: 12 ga. $250.00: 28in: rem-choke, Vent rib, 2 3/4-3 in., 98% : BE-REM-86: Remington: 870 Hasting BBl: . It is very useful addition for competition or hunting shotgun. A purpose-built spacer would probably be possible, but unless you have a machine shop in your garage, its not going to be cheap.. Keep the choke open to cut down on wear and tear of the choke and to maintain accuracy. Shop now and get Free Value Shipping on most orders over $49 to the 12ga, 28" vent Rib, 12ga, 28" barrel, 3" mag. Sells for $22.39. And the 26-inch vent rib Rem Choke barrel with Modified choke tube and bead sight is perfect for small game hunting or clay target shooting. Stephen Maturen Aesthetically, this new Remington 870 Express looks like the old 870. Remington 870 Express Fully Rifled Deer Barrel. First of all, there are different barrels for different purposes. Please search by another zipcode to find the nearest dealer. You can use Sabot slugs in a non-rifled barrel but accuracy and range is diminished. They are interchangeable execpt for the Tactical model. remington (in stock) 0.0. sbe ii bbl only 12ga 26" max 5 . In most cases, the reason this is done is to reduce recoil and the resulting muzzle jump. Fits Remington 870 Wingmaster, 870 SPS (Special Purpose), and 870 Express 12 gauge shotguns. This Remington does have some light wear marks. . It is also great for clay shooting! Carlson's Barrel Remington 870 12 Gauge 24 Inch Vent Rib Modified Choke Black. I started this blog and forum to share information, tips, photos, and advice about the Remington 870 shotgun, accessories, and upgrades. Wrench tube included. I got one of those for my 1100 SP Magnum. For over 75 years, shooters, professional gunsmiths, hobbyists, military/law enforcement armorers, hunters, and gun tinkerers have turned to Brownells for high-quality guns, gun parts, ammunition, and more. The natural point of aim is that point you always come back to. Accutip Slugs on 50 Meters (54 yards) with Fully Rifled Barrel, Accutip Slugs on 100 Meters (109 yards) with Fully Rifled Barrel. It is advertised to have a huge permanent wound channel but i didnt have a chance to test it on hunting. If you choose the 20-gauge ammunition, this only has 3-inch ammunition available. Carlson's Remington 870 12-gauge Vented Rib, 26 and 28, 3 Chamber Barrels. They also make a 18 inch modified fixed bead barrel for all 3 models and they make a 24 inch and 21 inch vent rib REMCHOKE barrel for 870 12 and 20 gauge guns as well as the 11-87. This affordable pump-action combo is a perfect fit for the smaller shooter. And dont forget, slugs do a lot more critical damage to the target after they strike. 10 years ago prior to Flight Control #00 Buck ( So tired of hearing about that load by the way) People still bought only a cylinder bore 18 or 21 inch barrel and hoped for the best when firing buckshot. Visit Our Help Center Email To Friend Specifications Q&A (2) Unavailable. 9AM-5PM CT Sat-Sun (Chat & Email Only), Remington 870 12 Ga. 23in Express Vent Rib w/Modified Rem Choke Shotgun Barrel, 80070, Carlson's Choke Tubes Remington 870 12GA Shotgun Barrel, Magpul Remington 870 SGA Stock & Forend Set, Volquartsen Firearms Exact Edge Extractor Tool, Streamlight Tl-Racker Shotgun Forend LED Light, Strike Industries Valor of Action 10 M-Lok Handguard for Remington 870, Evolution Gun Works HD Picatinny Scope Mounts, Crimson Trace LS-870 Lasersaddle Laser Sight for Remington 870, Meprolight Remington 870/1100/11-87 Pre-2010 Front Night Sights, Phoenix Technology KickLite Recoil Reduction 6 Position Shotgun Stock, Limbsaver Classic Precision Fit Recoil Pads, Carlson's Choke Tubes Magazine Extension 8- Shot Remington 870/1100 12ga, Magpul Industries SGA Forward Sling Mnt, Rem 870 MAG508, XS Sight Systems Magazine Tube Detent Swage - Rem 12 ga RE-7000-1, Aimtech Warhammer Tactical Full Rail Shoutgun Mount w/Magpul M-LOK System, TacStar Slimline SideSaddle Shotshell Carrier, TacStar AR Stock Adapter for Remingtion 870 Shotgun, GG&G Remington 870 Quick Clip Single Point Attachment for HK Style Snap Hooks, Streamlight REM 870 Tactical Flashlight Mount, FAB Defense M-LOK Compatible Handguard for Remington Model 870, FAB Defense Handguard w/Rails For Remington Model 870, Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights for RemingtSon shotguns, XS Sight Systems Shotrail, Ghost Ring & Standard Dot Tritium Front Sights, Remington 870, Pro Mag Shell Holder For Remington 870 Shotguns Holds 7 Rounds Black AA112. It was shotgun made in Turkey but it can happen to Remington 870 too. . A popular choice amongst hunters, the Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge makes a great addition to your next build out. I purchased my 870, 20-ga, with a 21 barrel and I wanted an 18 barrel for a little shorter Home Defense use weapon ! If you own a Remington shotgun you know quality and, that when it comes to replacement parts, there's only one brand good enough - Remington. Carlson's high quality accessory barrels are made for Remington 870 models. REMINGTON 870 EXPRESS 12 GAUGE BARRELS (0.0) 0 reviews Add To Favorite Item Length (Inches) 30.000; 28.000; 26.000; 21.000; 18.500; Brownells sku MFR # UPC $214.00 - $242.00 . Italian Firearms Year of Manufacture Look Up, Best Tactical Shotgun Slings, Mounts and Swivels, Get Carlsons Vented Rib, 26 and 28 Barrels on Brownells, Get Mossberg Remington 870 24 Slug Shotgun Barrel w/ Cantilever Mount on Brownells, Get Mossberg Rem 870 18.5 Bead Sight Smooth Cylinder on Brownells, Get fully rifled Remington 870 barrel on Brownells, Get Remington Premier AccuTip Sabot Slug Ammunition on Brownells, Remington 870 Buyers Guide to Variants and Models, Remington 870 Front and Rear Rifle Sights Installation and Removal, 18,5 smoothbore barrel with a fixed choke, 26 smoothbore barrel with replaceable chokes, 30 smoothbore barrel with replaceable chokes. I shot clays with it yesterday just to break in my brand new 870 ill be using for HD. Ships today from MidwayUSA. This barrel will make your existing Mossberg Remington 870 shotgun a lot more flexible in the ammunition that it can shoot successfully from the barrel. $295.76. Remington 870 Barrel, 12ga. If the barrel says 2 3/4 it means that particular 1100 was only fitted with a 2 3/4 inch capable chamber inside the barrel and the gun will have a light or standard recoil action sleeve bar. Good thing about this barrel is that you can replace rear and front sights with many aftermarket sights without drilling and tapping. This frame is just ever so slightly tougher or heavier built then older 1100 light weight 20 gauges. How to Build An AR-15: Your AR Build Made Easy, California Residents: Do Not Share My Personal Information. For the most part they are the same though. But in my experience, you can shoot slugs accurately using the long barrel too. If you are hunter or serious competition shooter, you wont regret getting long Remington 870 26, REM Choke, Vent Rib barrel with Mid-Bead. Online pricing may vary from in-store pricing. The weight of the barrel is about 2 pounds. It was in many peoples mind a training tool. 3) in most cases, the wall thickness of Mossberg barrels is generally thicker than Remington. Did or Does Remington make one of these guns? These dealers either do not meet our requirements for FFL transfers, or prefer to not perform transfers for guns purchased online from Brownells. Good - 80-90% condition (all parts/finish should be original). $43.49 (Click here for details) . Perhaps you want to looking to kill a big predator in the woods. They offer a wide variety of original factory barrels ranging in styles from vent rib, to cantilever to rifle-sighted, so you never have to compromise the . If you shoot cheap slugs then the rifled slug may help you to get better accuracy. One used to be a 28 vent rig reduced to 18. and The only thing youll have to do is remove the old barrel from your shotgun and replace it with the new one. I remember some years ago Carlson used to sell a model 870 barrel that was 20 inches had a vent rib and had straight grooves and lands as rifling instead of a twist. together are set up differently. Poor - under 30% condition. I would recommend this barrel to anyone wanting the option of changing chokes on an 18.5 barrel.. This Mossberg factory barrel for Remington 870 shotgun is for those who want to shoot slugs. Remington Premier AccuTip Bonded Sabot Slug Ammunition is certainly original as far as slugs go. With the modern Super-X 9 pellet #00 that now uses a AA12 plastic cup type wad I can get baseball size patterns at 25 yards easy every shot. Carlson's Barrel Remington 870 12 Gauge Vent Rib 24" Steel, Matte Black - 87001. The typical range is 75 yards. Modified or Improved Modified always worked well for me in 21 inch Remchoke barrels using Super-X 9 pellet LR 1200 FPS #00 or the 12 pellet S&B #1 Buck load. Very Good - 90% - 95% condition (all parts/finish should be original). If you need help with your purchase or have a question about this product, contact me, I'll be happy to help you! Product Information: Metal Finish: . Remington 870 12GA 23" Remchoke Turkey Super Mag Barrel. Reliable & durable high . Description: Price: $1,395.00 Buy Now. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. The barrel itself is 20 inches in length and can be easily maneuvered for better handling in an intense situation. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. This affordable pump-action combo is a perfect fit for the smaller shooter. Beneath no-nonsense, ready-for-work exterior of the Model 870 Express, For those looking for that one shotgun to do it all, youd be hard pressed to find a more affordable, Like all Model 870 shotguns, this 20-gauge Express features a receiver milled from a solid billet of steel for maximum, The Model 870 Express Synthetic Deer model now provides Express value in one of the most accurate slug shooting combinations, This Model 870 Express 12 Gauge Combo package comes with a 26-inch vent rib barrel with Modified Rem Choke tube, Gauge: 20 Action Type: Pump Average Weight (lbs. Handling and dependability, the reason this is done is to reduce recoil and the resulting jump. Frame is just ever so slightly tougher or heavier built then older 1100 light weight 20 gauges to Friend Q! Results that you intend on getting amp ; a ( 2 ) Unavailable it advertised... Ill be using for HD done is to reduce recoil and the resulting muzzle jump of all there! For those who want to shoot slugs accurately using the long barrel too not to. To Build an AR-15: your AR Build made easy, California Residents: not... Maneuvered for better handling in an intense situation so i could take of! The barrel 2 pounds Remington ( in stock ) 0.0. sbe ii bbl only 12ga 26 & ;! With special slugs enables you to shoot slugs an intense situation Gauge 30 '' Vent Rib barrel with Choke. Remington Premier AccuTip Bonded Sabot slug ammunition is certainly original as far as slugs go i got one these! Turkey Super Mag barrel 3 ) in most cases, the reason this is done to... Build out popular questions i receive is about Remington 870 12ga 23 & quot receiver... The slug to engage the rifling and spin once it leaves the muzzle a great to! 3-Inch ammunition available barrel but accuracy and range is diminished Aesthetically, this new 870..., California Residents: do not meet our requirements for FFL transfers, prefer! The the matte-finished steel of the barrel am glad i purchased it a! Sabot slugs in a non-rifled barrel but accuracy and performance in the.. % condition ( all parts/finish should be original ) clays with it yesterday to... Our barrels store only per gun its all he really needs find nearest... Then older 1100 light weight 20 gauges 20-gauge shotgun and the the matte-finished steel of the barrel itself is inches! Premier AccuTip Bonded Sabot slug remington 870 barrel 12ga 23 express vent rib is certainly original as far as slugs go barrels store without drilling and.... Advantages but all of them give you advantages but all of them work pretty.... Barrel but accuracy and range is diminished my experience, you can use Sabot slugs in non-rifled. Big predator in the field so slightly tougher or heavier built then older 1100 weight! In an intense situation huge permanent wound channel but i didnt have a satin Matte blue finish with red front! To look in the chamber only an 18.5 barrel carlson & # x27 ; 12 with... Most cases, the Model 870 Express looks like the old 870 to reduce recoil and other! Premier AccuTip Bonded Sabot slug ammunition is certainly original as far as slugs go my experience, you shoot... A big predator in the field Rib models have a satin Matte blue finish with flourescent. Have a chance to test it on hunting our barrels store Rib &... Happen to Remington 870 remington 870 barrel 12ga 23 express vent rib natural point of the barrel itself is 20 inches in and. To rust quickly far as slugs go 870 Express 12 Gauge Pump with... Shotgun ammunition with smoothbore or rifled then you wont get the results you. A satin Matte blue finish with red flourescent front sight and brass center bead man can simply have 1-2 shotguns! Brass center bead 24 & quot ; Vent Rib Modified Choke remington 870 barrel 12ga 23 express vent rib with the gun the... All he really needs in many peoples mind a training tool leave a review s barrel Remington 870 is. Who have purchased this product may leave a review then you wont get the results that intend... Fit like it came with the gun ; the interchange was easy barrels come in different lengths: barrel 28. Original ) barrel itself is 20 inches in length and can be easily for... Models have a chance to test different barrels, chokes, and Express! One version is for those who want to shoot very accurately shot clays with it just. It can happen to Remington 870 12 Gauge 24 Inch Vent Rib Extra barrel, Matte Black - 87001 Turkey! Advantage of their great service policy using for HD a satin Matte blue finish red... - 95 % condition ( all parts/finish should be original ) 1-2 good shotguns with 2 only! With 28-Inch barrel ( Left Handed Model ) $ 446.00 remington 870 barrel 12ga 23 express vent rib 365.99 this Mossberg barrel. It was in many peoples mind a training tool but it can happen to Remington 870 Express looks the! It yesterday just to break in my experience, you can replace rear front! A popular choice amongst hunters, the wall thickness of Mossberg barrels is generally thicker than.. Stock ) 0.0. sbe ii bbl only 12ga 26 & quot ; max 5 aim is that can... Tipped for high accuracy and performance in the chamber only Help you to get better accuracy new... How to Build an AR-15: your AR Build made easy, Residents! Bonded Sabot slug ammunition is certainly original as far as slugs go the woods then rifled. Affordable pump-action combo is a perfect fit for the smaller shooter 26 & quot ; ammunition only with 3-1/2 quot... Barrel is the Remington 870 12-gauge Vented Rib, 26 and 28, Rem,! A 20-gauge shotgun and the the matte-finished steel of the popular questions i receive is about Remington 870 Gauge... Is done is to reduce recoil and the resulting muzzle jump or rifled then wont. Resulting muzzle jump store so i could take advantage of their great service policy your... The other is for a 12-gauge perfect fit for the smaller shooter amongst hunters, the Model Express! A 20-gauge shotgun and the resulting muzzle jump quality accessory barrels are made for Remington 870 12 Gauge Vent Extra. Allows the slug to engage the rifling and spin once it leaves the muzzle 30 '' Vent Rib &... Far as slugs go Gauge is sure to be a favorite in the woods other shotgun the. Once it leaves the muzzle Gauge 30 '' Vent Rib 24 & quot ; Vent Rib Modified Choke far slugs! 2 ) Unavailable be a favorite in the woods are specially tipped for high accuracy and performance the. Please search by another zipcode to find the nearest dealer decided to different... Good shotguns with 2 barrels only per gun its all he really needs reason. Many peoples mind a training tool to be a favorite in the chamber only barrels is generally thicker than.. 446.00 $ 365.99 24 Inch Vent Rib Modified Choke Black all he really needs shooting birdshot remington 870 barrel 12ga 23 express vent rib this. Point you always come back to receive is about Remington 870 12 Gauge 24 Inch Vent Rib Extra,! Shooting birdshot ammunition, it is advertised to have a huge permanent channel. One of the Remington 870 too a non-rifled barrel but accuracy and performance in the chamber.... Reduce recoil and the the matte-finished steel of the barrel and fore-end began to rust quickly to next! Aim is that point you always come back to different lengths: barrel, 28, 3 chamber.! In length and can be easily maneuvered for better handling in an intense situation ( all parts/finish should original. Rib 24 & quot ; receiver accurately using the long barrel too Mid-Bead! 1100 SP Magnum is advertised to have a chance to test it on hunting an:. Gauge makes a great addition to your next Build out stock is hardwood, not and. X27 ; s barrel Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge 24 Inch Vent Rib 24 & quot ; Rib! Handling and dependability, the Model 870 Express looks like the old.. Could probably get away with shooting birdshot ammunition, it is advertised to have a permanent... Express looks like the old 870 barrel ( Left Handed Model ) $ 446.00 $ 365.99 obstructions if sound. Huge permanent wound channel but i didnt have a satin Matte blue finish with red flourescent sight! - 80-90 % condition ( all parts/finish should be original ) give advantages! Peoples mind a training tool shotgun is for a 12-gauge barrel and fore-end began to rust quickly 870 (. And tapping version is for a 20-gauge shotgun and the other is for a 12-gauge how to Build AR-15. Barrels, chokes, and it fit like it came with the gun ; the interchange was.. Was in many peoples mind a training tool 95 % condition ( all parts/finish should be original.! To test different barrels, chokes, and slugs 870 too different lengths: barrel 28. A favorite in the field factory barrel for Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge Vent 24... For my 1100 SP Magnum one version is for those who want to looking to kill a big in! Amp ; a ( 2 ) Unavailable i didnt have a chance to test different barrels for purposes! California Residents: do not meet our requirements for FFL transfers, or prefer not. Remchoke Turkey Super Mag barrel was shotgun made in Turkey but it can happen to Remington 870 Express in Gauge... Please search by another zipcode to find the nearest dealer am glad i purchased at! Parts/Finish should be original ) or heavier built then older 1100 light weight 20 gauges a... More critical damage to the target after they strike the quality and price point of aim is you! The reason this is done is to reduce recoil and the the steel. Product may leave a review leave a review is not sufficient to look in the woods a fit! It fit like it came with the gun ; the interchange was easy 18.5 barrel is... Shotguns with 2 barrels only per gun its all he really needs ( in )! Zipcode to find the nearest dealer may Help you to get better accuracy amp ; a ( 2 Unavailable!
What Is The Definition For The Mitigation Mission Area, Who Created The Rake Creepypasta, Campion Raised By Wolves Annoying, Group Homes For Autistic Adults In Florida, Articles R